The arrangements for next weekend’s fundraising dinner at Mar Hall are being finalised – if you’ve forgotten to buy a ticket they are still available from Cathy on 01546 830133 or Rachel on 01546 510232.
We wanted to whet your appetites with a sample of the items that will be up for auction.
If you would like to place a bid ahead of the auction or are unable to attend but would still like to bid just phone Cathy on 01546 830133 or Rachel on 01546 510232
- A signed copy of the Puffer Cookbook in its own jute Puffer bag (Reserve £20)
- An acrylic painting by Vivienne Meredith
A ten pound note from Julian Fairweather
- Three original Puffer T shirts (Maroon – L, Maroon – XL and Navy Blue XL)
- Coalport limited edition figurine (Number 75 of 500)
- A photograph printed onto canvas by Mike Beard
- And now something a little different…
A car trip with lunch included in a Jaguar C type OR an AC Cobra (Iain Fraser based in Inverness)
A boat trip on Maxi Cos’i from Inverness to see the dolphins (Iain Fraser)
- A special bottle of Speyside Malt Whisky, ‘Mortlach’ given by John Dunlop
- Some books, donated by our Danish friend and 5000th Puffer passenger, Lise. All the books are in English.
The Little Mermaid – Hans Christian Andersen
The Snow Queen – Hans Christian Andersen
Hans Christian Andersen Fairy Tales retold by Naomi Lewis
Andersen’s Fairy Tales – Hans Christian Andersen
Out of Africa – Karen Blixen
Babette’s Feast and Other Stories – Karen Blixen
Guilt bu Jussi Alder-Olsen (bid of £8 on this item)
- VIC 32 at the Fife Regatta at Largs. Print of an oil painting on canvas by Pat Kramer. Hand finished.
- A fish print cushion
- set of 4 tea light holders in hand painted glass
- ‘Winter Sea’ oil painting on wood by the highly collectable Tayvallich artist, Caroline Hunter
- ‘Canal Buddies’ signed print by Ernie Upton. The display item is mounted, the auction ones are unmounted and are sold in cardboard tubes. They have a reserve price of £100 each.
- Watercolour by Tracey Hewitt
- Framed print of a watercolour by M Roberts
- Small picture – ‘Acid Gulls Against Rain’
- One pound pots of home made honey (2)
- ‘Cockled’ – David Hawson (Reserve £130)
- and ‘Darling, I Couldn’t Afford the String of Pearls’ – David Hawson (Reserve £130)
- ‘Samantha the Dog Trainer’ – Nick Walker
- ‘Shopping on a Windy Day’ – Nick Walker
- A boat trip on Loch Lomond out to an island with a picnic lunch – travelling from Balmaha
- Bottle of special malt whisky
- Two nights for two people in Daphne Murray’s self catering north barn at KILmahumaig. Any time after April.
- A day out with local geologist Roger Anderson. He will talk you through your dykes, sills, conglomerates and schists. you can either come to Argyll for a day or he is willing to come to the Glasgow area.
- Delicious Dundee Cake with Cherry Brandy made by Puffer cook Mary John. A bid of £150 has already been placed on this cake.